Your accounts stored in Google Authenticator can be transferred to Authenticator Pro with the "Transfer Accounts" feature. They cannot be imported directly because Android security prevents apps from reading the private data of other apps.
The procedure is as follows:
- Open Google Authenticator and click the menu icon in the top right.
- Select Transfer accounts
- Follow the instructions and you will be presented with a QR code containing your account data.
- You can scan this code with Authenticator Pro and your accounts will be transferred.
You can take a screenshot of the QR code on your device and import in Authenticator Pro from the "Add" menu ("Scan a QR code" → "Scan from gallery")
Import not working / code not scanning?
The more information dense a QR code is, the harder it is to read. For best results try importing in batches of 3-4 at a time.
- Select the "Transfer Accounts" option in the menu
- Tap "Export Accounts"
- Select the accounts you want to transfer
- Scan the QR code in Authenticator Pro using the steps above